Jana315

Cooking With Coconut Flour

Rate this topic

Title says it all - I've tried tons of gluten-free flours and recipes and I can't use potato starch, so I'm always looking for new ideas. I like the coconut flour is okay on the GAPS or SCD - so, who's tried this book & is it worth buying?

Thanks! Jana

Title says it all - I've tried tons of gluten-free flours and recipes and I can't use potato starch, so I'm always looking for new ideas. I like the coconut flour is okay on the GAPS or SCD - so, who's tried this book & is it worth buying?

Hi Jana,

I have "Cooking with Coconut Flour" and yes, I think it's worth the price. Some recipes turn out better than others...we love the cheese muffins!

Can you use almond flour? Because I just bought Elana Amsterdam's cookbook, "The Gluten Free Almond Flour Cookbook", and I haven't tried any recipes yet, but those who have seem very happy and the recipes look great!

JoAnn

I can use almond flour, but I don't have that book either - I'll have to give them both a try. As much as possible, I get my recipes off the web so I don't end up with a big collection of books that don't get used - but at this point, it would be good to get a few good gluten-free baking books.

Jana

Thanks! Jana

You can sub cornstarch for the potato starch if you can have it.

I can use almond flour, but I don't have that book either - I'll have to give them both a try. As much as possible, I get my recipes off the web so I don't end up with a big collection of books that don't get used - but at this point, it would be good to get a few good gluten-free baking books.

Jana

Here's another source of coconut flour recipes....just came across this website at Tropical Traditions:

http://www.freecoconutrecipes.com/gluten_free_recipes.htm

JoAnn

Oh yea - I know Tropical Traditions. We supply them oils :D

I'm making a loaf of coconut flour bread right now and I'm planning some almond flour pancakes for tomorrow AM....hope they are YUMMY - I'm loosing weight because there's so few things I can eat which is not totally a bad thing except that I'm very hungry... :(