DVjorge

Candida Linked To Gluten Intolerance?

Rate this topic

Hi guys,

I would like to know if some of you had to deal with candida overgrow because gluten intolerance. I believe I have intestinal candidiasis. I see mucus in my stool and small white fingers which look like candida. I don't know if mucus in stool could be a symptom of gluten intolerance or candida overgrow. Please, let me know what you know about it.

Thanks,

George.

Hi guys,

I would like to know if some of you had to deal with candida overgrow because gluten intolerance. I believe I have intestinal candidiasis. I see mucus in my stool and small white fingers which look like candida. I don't know if mucus in stool could be a symptom of gluten intolerance or candida overgrow. Please, let me know what you know about it.

Thanks,

George.

I guess you could have candida overgrowth if you have other symptoms, but mucus in your stool could be indicative of ulcerative colitis or IBS, which are also gastrointestinal disorders. Could also be C.Diff...are you having troubles with a lot of D and digestion just in general?

Check out this site: http://ibdcrohns.about.com/od/relatedcondi.../mucusstool.htm

Definitely go see your doc, and feel better soon!

You should also have your doctor run a stool test for parasites.

Candida has been linked with celiac disease, but I don't think you would see them in your stool. Your doc can run a stool test for candida and other possible issues.