laurend

Autolyzed Yeast Extract

Rate this topic

I own a Gourmet to Go Food retail shop and we feature many gluten-free products. It has been challenging to find ingredients that are gluten-free from my distributors. Knorr's Vegetable Soup Base on their web site states that it has Autolyzed Yeast Extract. So we ordered it. When it arrived, on the ingredients listing on the actual package is stated Autolyzed Yeast Extract (barley). So, I assume the extract was derived from barley and therefore is unsafe?? It's very frustrating b/c they do not always list from where the ingredients are derived. Does anyone know of a SAFE soup base (chicken, beef or vegetable) that I can buy in larger quantities for commercial cooking?

I own a Gourmet to Go Food retail shop and we feature many gluten-free products. It has been challenging to find ingredients that are gluten-free from my distributors. Knorr's Vegetable Soup Base on their web site states that it has Autolyzed Yeast Extract. So we ordered it. When it arrived, on the ingredients listing on the actual package is stated Autolyzed Yeast Extract (barley). So, I assume the extract was derived from barley and therefore is unsafe?? It's very frustrating b/c they do not always list from where the ingredients are derived. Does anyone know of a SAFE soup base (chicken, beef or vegetable) that I can buy in larger quantities for commercial cooking?

Better than Boullion by Superior Touch (SUPERIORTOUCH.COM). You can see if they sell commercial quantities. Very good company all organic. Here are the ingredients on my chicken base: Chicken meat with natural juices, salt, cane sugar, maltodextrin, natural flavor, dried onion, Potato starch, Dried Garlic, Tumeric, and spice extractives. When calling they assured gluten free.

I also use Kitchen Basics that say right on the carton no top allergens. don't know if they make a base available, have only seen it as a liquid stock. Glad to here you feature gluten-free products in your shop! :)

Better than Boullion by Superior Touch (SUPERIORTOUCH.COM). You can see if they sell commercial quantities. Very good company all organic. Here are the ingredients on my chicken base: Chicken meat with natural juices, salt, cane sugar, maltodextrin, natural flavor, dried onion, Potato starch, Dried Garlic, Tumeric, and spice extractives. When calling they assured gluten free.

I also use Kitchen Basics that say right on the carton no top allergens. don't know if they make a base available, have only seen it as a liquid stock. Glad to here you feature gluten-free products in your shop! :)

Better Than Boullion products, including their organic line, contain Autolyzed Yeast Extract, an analogue labeling for MSG. This is deceptive, to say the least.