Rate this topic

hello all! i am hoping with the vast amount of knowledge i have already seen on this site that someone can help me out. I am going to help one of my friends set things up for her halloween party and need some help. I was going to use this recipe: http://delightfullyglutenfree.com/2008/01/...cinnamon-rolls/

to make those littl hot dogs wrapped in crescent rolls. who has a brand of little hot dogs that is both gluten free and msg free.

my other question which is the one i am more worried about. my friend has psoriasis and tells me she can't have refined sugar and can only have so much starch in a day. she tells me she is allowed a number of servings of whole wheat bread but maximum of one of their white bread. i am used to a diet where if something is not okay we can't have ANY of it so im not used to having the idea of an allowance haha. but anyways...

for this type of diet which gluten free flours have the baking properties needed for a crescent roll recipe while also not overloading her with starch? this is completely new territory for me! she also does the sugar free thing but i am allergic to artifical sugar, diet soda does awful things to me, so i am hesitant about using other things to replace sugar. any insight is helpful!!!! thanks in advance

hello all! i am hoping with the vast amount of knowledge i have already seen on this site that someone can help me out. I am going to help one of my friends set things up for her halloween party and need some help. I was going to use this recipe: http://delightfullyglutenfree.com/2008/01/...cinnamon-rolls/

to make those littl hot dogs wrapped in crescent rolls. who has a brand of little hot dogs that is both gluten free and msg free.

my other question which is the one i am more worried about. my friend has psoriasis and tells me she can't have refined sugar and can only have so much starch in a day. she tells me she is allowed a number of servings of whole wheat bread but maximum of one of their white bread. i am used to a diet where if something is not okay we can't have ANY of it so im not used to having the idea of an allowance haha. but anyways...

for this type of diet which gluten free flours have the baking properties needed for a crescent roll recipe while also not overloading her with starch? this is completely new territory for me! she also does the sugar free thing but i am allergic to artifical sugar, diet soda does awful things to me, so i am hesitant about using other things to replace sugar. any insight is helpful!!!! thanks in advance

Hmmmm....... For the baked stuff, try using a sorghum flour-heavy mix, with less starch, so that she can enjoy some. Sorghum is high protein. If you're looking to make something sweet, and she needs to watch the sugar, maybe you could look up recipes using agave nectar? It's very low on the glycemic index, and has a nice taste when coupled with certain things, like chocolate and berries.

thanks! i have baked with sorghum before but im sure she's never heard of it haha. i am very excited to learn about her diet though... new territory for me

I don't know what kind of diet she's on. I have Psoriasis and have never heard of such a thing. The only thing that seemed to help me was Turmeric. I take it in capsule form though. Don't like the taste of it.

she tells me her diet is low on starches and she is not supposed to have refined sugar. she seems to cheat on this because she was recently married and her hubby hasnt adjusted yet but this is the diet her parents had her on from childhood and that is the extent of my knowledge. i am not questioning her because i know how my diet is, so i will not question that of someone else. i understand what that is like