MKat

Whole Foods gluten-free Morning Glory Muffins

Rate this topic

I ate a Whole Foods Gluten free (I think!!) morning glory muffin this morning. I had thrown away the packaging to wrap them individually (stupid me). This is the only thing I ate today that was possibly not gluten free (the other new thing I ate today was the new Stoneyfield greek yogurt - perhaps a reaction/intolerance to that??) I started wondering if I accidentally got a regular package- it was SOOOOO YUMMMYYY (maybe too yummy to be gluten-free)???

About 5 hours after eating the muffin my stomach exploded (I'll spare the details).

Anyone else ever experience a bad reaction to these - or perhaps no one has ever tried them because they weren't gluten-free to begin with and I picked up a wrong package!!!????

Whole Foods goes to great lengths to ensure that their gluten free products are, in fact, gluten free. They have a dedicated facility that includes batch testing. I say all this to help eliminate the worry of CC. So, it could be that it was a regular one... they do make both versions of that particular muffin. I've only ever seen the gluten-free muffins in the freezer sections, though.

Or, it could be something else that you are reacting to. Do you have any additional intolerances?

Whole Foods goes to great lengths to ensure that their gluten free products are, in fact, gluten free. They have a dedicated facility that includes batch testing. I say all this to help eliminate the worry of CC. So, it could be that it was a regular one... they do make both versions of that particular muffin. I've only ever seen the gluten-free muffins in the freezer sections, though.

Or, it could be something else that you are reacting to. Do you have any additional intolerances?

I'm working on figuring out other intolerances but to have a reaction like I did was quite surprising. The muffin tasted so good and so normal....not gluten-free at all. I really wasn't worried about CC - I was worried that either I picked up a wrong package or they put them in a wrong package. I guess I'll have to heal from this and try them again