Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eric_C

For Those Who Are Never 'right', A Word About Yeast

Malt Diastase: Yes, be very careful here. Malt Diastase, as far as I know, is a no-no for those who cannot eat gluten, due to the barley.

I am not aware of any way to separate the barley from the malt in supplements, but if I'm wrong, I would love to know.

In the meantime, I'd stay clear of this product.

Gluten Intolerant with double HLA-DQ6. Pre-diagnosis: Weight gain, swelling, diarrhea, mouth sores, back pain, body aches, fatigue, muscle weakness, BRAIN FOG, runny nose, recurrent sinus infections, bruising, low white cell count (whole life), and more. My feet were so bad, I could hardly walk. Toward the end: Chronic Vit. D deficiency (almost no D in my body despite a quality multi-vit. each day).

There is hope! Gluten-free since Sept. '09, and I have my life back - I feel better than in many, many years!

Favorite quotation: "You must do the thing you think you cannot do." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Malt Diastase: Yes, be very careful here. Malt Diastase, as far as I know, is a no-no for those who cannot eat gluten, due to the barley.

I am not aware of any way to separate the barley from the malt in supplements, but if I'm wrong, I would love to know.

In the meantime, I'd stay clear of this product.

Well now ya tell me :)

It came in the mail, and no I did not read the ingredients list as I should have. So I just bought a new thing of Candex today and my wife will take the other brand. She noticed it had malt in it just before I opened them. Sucks too because it is WAY cheaper than Candex.

I'm okay with digestive enzymes that include Malt Diatase - as most of them do include it. I did a lot of looking around before I tried them, and I don't react to them.

- Jana

self-diagnosed gluten intolerant May 2009

positive dietary response

gluten free since 5/13/2009

nightshade free since 5/16/2009

DQ2, DQ8 negative, Kimball Genetics 7/2009