Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eric_C

For Those Who Are Never 'right', A Word About Yeast

Malt Diastase: Yes, be very careful here. Malt Diastase, as far as I know, is a no-no for those who cannot eat gluten, due to the barley.

I am not aware of any way to separate the barley from the malt in supplements, but if I'm wrong, I would love to know.

In the meantime, I'd stay clear of this product.

Malt Diastase: Yes, be very careful here. Malt Diastase, as far as I know, is a no-no for those who cannot eat gluten, due to the barley.

I am not aware of any way to separate the barley from the malt in supplements, but if I'm wrong, I would love to know.

In the meantime, I'd stay clear of this product.

Well now ya tell me :)

It came in the mail, and no I did not read the ingredients list as I should have. So I just bought a new thing of Candex today and my wife will take the other brand. She noticed it had malt in it just before I opened them. Sucks too because it is WAY cheaper than Candex.

I'm okay with digestive enzymes that include Malt Diatase - as most of them do include it. I did a lot of looking around before I tried them, and I don't react to them.

- Jana

• Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Forum Discussions

Hi Kim! We can't tell just by what you posted. Every lab has different reference ranges so we would need those ranges. Can you please post those? Also, it doesn't matter if you have mild or severe intestinal symptoms as over 50% of diagnosed...
    Hello All, Just looking for information on vitamins. Had some testing come back this week that my bone density is low, as is my B12 and D. So, I clearly need to supplement, but have read that it's hard to trust vitamin brands that say...
    Hi, i heard about shampoos etc but didn't think much about it but will definitely look in to it, thanks.  My bloating has subsided slightly snd this is since i change my vitamins from Holland and barrett to some online which are free ...