Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Laurelf

Endoscopy Tomorrow

I'm nervous about my endoscopy tomorrow. I know I'll be sedated but the thought of something down my throat freaks me out!

I have been gluten free for about 2 weeks now (although I accidentally ate croutons in a salad last night!) and am pretty much milk free, altough it's hard. Symptoms are calming down a bit - rash on face and legs is going away - I lost 10 lbs! I'm finding that I'm hungry all the time, and when I see a commercial for pizza or hamburger, I go crazy with cravings!

They are doing the endoscopy because of GERD, but I'm going to ask them to take biopsies for celiac too. How soon do they give you the results?

Thanks,

Laurel

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I had my first endoscopy, the one that diagnosed celiac disease, on a Friday. I could have had the results on the following Tuesday, but for personal reasons chose to have the follow-up appointment on the Thursday.

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007