kannne

Protein Intolerance

Rate this topic

Hi

I have celiac and have been on gluten-free diet for 9 years and SCD the last year.

My father has always had problems with his stomach but he don't have celiac.

I also have protein intolerance and can not break down casein, egg, soya and corn because I have aspergers syndrome.

My father also have protein intolerance against gluten and casein. The urin test showed he did not break down gluten and casein.

Does anyone have any experience about protein intolerance?

He don't want to start diet. He says it is enough if he only reduce the amount of casein he is eating. He is not so tired and is function much better fter he reduced the casein intake. But I really would like him to stop completly with it.

Does anyone know about long term effect of eating gluten/casein when the body can not handle to break the peptid down?

My understanding is that a real, generalized, protein intolerance also means you cannot tolerate any meats/fish/game/etc. The protein sources you list there are all common allergens. Does the protein problem extend to other forms of protein?

Maybe it is called something else?

I norweigan we call it protein intolerance.

It is the "autism diet". Does anyone know what I mean? Autistick people can't break down gluten and casein and they can turn into morphine.

Oh sure, there is some use of the gluten and casein free diet for Autistic Spectrum kids here in the US too. It's just referred to as the gluten free casein free diet (Gluten-free Casein-free). There are some people who have problems digesting most all proteins, not just those two, hence the confusion. There are a number of people on the board who are using such a diet (either for Autism or other reasons).

Long term consumption of gluten is a problem - if he is celiac, which you don't mention tests for celiac. Eating gluten can cause serious long term side effects for a celiac - nutritional deficiencies leading to anemia or osteoporosis, cancers of the digestive system, neurological imparement, and more. I don't think there is any clear cut evidence on what the long term effects of someone gluten sensitive continuing to eat gluten - but it's a constant stressor on the immune system. Ditto for dairy - I don't think there are clear studies.

Maybe it is called something else?

I norweigan we call it protein intolerance.

It is the "autism diet". Does anyone know what I mean? Autistick people can't break down gluten and casein and they can turn into morphine.

Hi,

I have read that some people think a gluten / casein free diet is helpful for people with autism. I don't have autism, but I do avoid gluten and casein, as I have problems with both of them. For me casein affects my sleeping, and I can't get to sleep for several days if I eat it. It also affects my gut and irritates it. Gluten really messes me up in my gut and all over.

There is some info on the web about gluten and opiates. With celiac people sometimes have a "leaky gut". That doesn't mean you have actual holes in your gut. It means that your gut/intestine membranes are more likely to let some larger protein bits through to the bloodstream. So, the way I see it, the gliaden or casein proteins can sometimes get through the gut lining into the bloodstream. Then they can affect various parts of the body including the brain, joints, thyroid etc, etc.

For me if I eat casein for several days running the affects get worse and worse. So I suggest you are right, getting off it completely is the way to go!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Many people use the abbreviations Gluten-free Casein-free here, for gluten free /casein free diet.

Just wanted to add that taking olive leaf extract or olive leaf tea might really help against the aspergillus! Start slow and work your way up. I don't know what kind of fungus I have but whatever it is it has been intractible. This olive leaf is really helping.Good against all kinds of fungus, microbes, bacteria, viruses... Am taking it with a few other things too like dandelion and yellow dock since I also tend to get a little constipated (they help release bile which helps with peristalsis and also acts as a kind of "bitters" that helps with digestion in the stomach). They also help against some aspects of the allergic reaction or "leaky gut" by helping to clean out the liver and are also very good for the kidneys and overall are very detoxing. I use marshmallow root to soothe and heal the lining of my intestines plus again it helps with the kidneys. Also I am sure you have heard that digestive enzymes like bromelain/papain and/or pancreatin can help with the protein digestion--though of course avoiding allergens is always best...

Bea