SGWhiskers

I Took A Risk

Rate this topic

After having success at a couple of restaraunts with gluten free foods prepared on the grill, I decided to give it a try at home.

We have an infra-red side to our grill that gets to like 900 degrees and the grates look like ash not charcoal. Hubby wiped the ashes off and the steak went on without foil for the first time in a year. While bread has been on the grill a few times, nothing with known gluten has been on it since last summer and we use it at least twice a week in the summer.

I react to gluten with neuro signs (not digestive) in 45 minutes. Here it is at 20 minutes and the tummy is rumbling (I ate a bunch of coconut milk for the first time tonight too).

Anyone want to place bets if I'm going down?

I'm having second thoughts about my calculated risk now.

Don't know, but can you replace the grating? Most grills have optionally replaceable gratings.

No neuro symptoms what so ever. Belly gurgles stopped and I think I'm home free. I wouldn't EVER let hubby put my food on the regular temp side of the grill, but it looks like the infra-red side gets hot enough to char away the gluten.

I'm pretty excited to have that charred taste back to my meat.

Replacing the grates is a great idea for the other side of the grill. I tried scrubbing it last summer, but it never got clean enough.

Congrats on the meat! Sounds yummy! Do you think you were reacting to the guar gum in the coconut milk? I can use small amounts but like a whole pudding with it does not sit well.