Rate this topic

Ok, so I read up that you can't take calcium with iron because it inhibits the absorptions and you can't take iron if you have had a glass of wine in the last few hours. Is this correct and am I taking the vitamins below the right way?

All Nature Made Vitamins

In the morning (7:00 a.m.) I take a Multi Complete Vitamin and an additional Calcium (333mg) and the addtl. calcium includes Magnesium (133mg) Zinc (5mg) (vit. D 200 IU) after I eat breakfast

10:30 I have an apple with p-nut butter and take 65 mg Iron

1:15 - 1:30 I eat lunch and take Biotin 2500 mcg and another Calcium (333mg) Magnesium (133mg) Zinc (5mg)

6:30 is dinner and I take another Calcium (333mg) Magnesium (133mg) Zinc (5mg)

Is this right? Can I take my Biotin with my calcium at 6:30 instead of 1;15?

I am anemic and have osteopenia and that's why I am taking the additional vitamins. If I do have a glass of red wine with dinner then how long should I wait before taking my evening vitamins? Will 9:30 be late enough? I usually only have 1 glass.

Ok, so I read up that you can't take calcium with iron because it inhibits the absorptions and you can't take iron if you have had a glass of wine in the last few hours. Is this correct and am I taking the vitamins below the right way?

All Nature Made Vitamins

In the morning (7:00 a.m.) I take a Multi Complete Vitamin and an additional Calcium (333mg) and the addtl. calcium includes Magnesium (133mg) Zinc (5mg) (vit. D 200 IU) after I eat breakfast

10:30 I have an apple with p-nut butter and take 65 mg Iron

1:15 - 1:30 I eat lunch and take Biotin 2500 mcg and another Calcium (333mg) Magnesium (133mg) Zinc (5mg)

6:30 is dinner and I take another Calcium (333mg) Magnesium (133mg) Zinc (5mg)

Is this right? Can I take my Biotin with my calcium at 6:30 instead of 1;15?

I am anemic and have osteopenia and that's why I am taking the additional vitamins. If I do have a glass of red wine with dinner then how long should I wait before taking my evening vitamins? Will 9:30 be late enough? I usually only have 1 glass.

I think this is mostly ok. My CRNP told me to take my iron on an empty stomach before bed, WAY after the calcium, tho I am not sure why. Also, take some vitamin C with the Iron (500mg of C). It helps absorb the iron better.