sparky2222

Eating Better Now Than Have Been For Years

Rate this topic

Ha!

Here's an unexpected bonus of learning that I'm Celiac... rather than eat out or get fast food like I have done for years I've started cooking.

Me!

Who'd a thought.

Following some advice I read elsewhere I set up a weeks worth of pre-cooked chicken breasts so I could easily throw various dishes together with stir fry. I purchased some pre cooked brown rice and also some fresh veg.

Last night was stir-fry bell peppers, onions, zucchini, chicken then I used pre-cooked trader joes brown rice and tossed that in as well to make a special fried rice dish. The trader joes rice had a seaweed & sesame seed flavour packet so I used that. yum. Took about 10 mins!

And just now I made a white wine, creme fresh, pecorino romano cheese and chicken risotto with mushrooms and zucchini. Also took about 10-15 mins.

And then there's the trader joes gluten free ginger snaps & flour less chocolate walnut cookies for a quick sweet after.

Seriously, before yesterday I just ate PB&J toast, cheese sandwiches and fast food for years!

:)

p.s. Maybe I've moved on to the hope stage of grieving...!

Yes, you have moved on from the loss of gluten to the acceptance that there is still a lot of food out there to eat! It's it wonderful?!

I've been gluten free for awhile and I love to cook so I just can't believe people have no idea of what they can eat when they go gluten free. It's not that I do not get frustrated or angry about it but I know I can find a way to make whatever I want to eat and make it gluten free.

Except phyllo dough, and only because I'm too lazy to try making it myself. I did copy a recipe that was listed on here but I'll wait until someone comes out with a gluten free frozen phyllo dough that I can buy.

Now that's a cooking show I would watch!

Sounds great.

CS