dan_edward

Stomach Ache After Glutened

Rate this topic

I'd like to share my experience here,

I've had a few accidental bday cakes about 2weeks ago, then.... I started to have fever after few days and

Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease about a week ago. I wonder if it's normal.

Cos I've never had it before going gluten-free, I started gluten-free diet about 8months ago,

this is the first time for me to have cake in 8months and I've never thought it'd be that bad.

sigh....I'd not let it happen again...but I do wanna know if anyone has the same exp as mine.

I really don't know what to do right now...I mean who would have thought I'd still feeling sick after 2 weeks....

Please advise. Thanks

I'd like to share my experience here,

I've had a few accidental bday cakes about 2weeks ago, then.... I started to have fever after few days and

Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease about a week ago. I wonder if it's normal.

Cos I've never had it before going gluten-free, I started gluten-free diet about 8months ago,

this is the first time for me to have cake in 8months and I've never thought it'd be that bad.

sigh....I'd not let it happen again...but I do wanna know if anyone has the same exp as mine.

I really don't know what to do right now...I mean who would have thought I'd still feeling sick after 2 weeks....

Please advise. Thanks

I have the same type of experiences when I accidently gluten myself. I am usually sick for about 2 weeks after, so I am VERY VERY careful to not let it happen now! I think that from what I've seen on this board, the time and symptoms of gluten reactions vary from person to person. Some people are have some mild discomfort or gas while others have violent throwing up, fever, shaking, skin rashes, etc... some people seem to react for a couple hours but there are also people like you and me who can feel the effect of being glutened for weeks. I can say from my personal experience, since going gluten free, I seem to have a worse reaction to gluten than I did before. I think it's because my body is not used to dealing with it on a daily basis now. I haven't really been able to figure anything out to make me feel better when I'm feeling like that other than just letting it run its course. Maybe someone else will have other ideas. I hope you feel better soon and I'd just try really hard in the future to make sure not to consume any gluten anymore. Your body obviously does not like it! Feel better!!