Just 5 Kids

Could I Be Pregant

Rate this topic

I am new to the board but not to celiac. My son was diagnosed in Feb of 2004 with no family history. So after about 6mo I started my daughter on the diet and they have both done very well. I have 5 children and I gave birth to 4 of them and 1 is my step daughter. I had my first child with no problems but with child #2 I started bleeding with him and they think I lost his twin but I was 7 weeks along before a positive pregancy test. Child #3 and 4 I had no problems. My youngest and oldest are the ones who are gluten-free. I then went gluten-free about 2 years ago and I then started having trouble with my period. I will go 6 weeks between my periods and they don't last very long. Well to make a story shorter I have not had a period since Aug. I have taken a pregancy test and it was negative. I have some pregancy symtoms like: full breast, no period, fatigue, and other things. So my question is could going gluten-free cause my periods to go crazy and that is what I am dealing with or could I be pregant?

Ps. My youngest is 6.5 years old and my husband was fixed 6 years ago.

Thanks for any help you can give me. :D

Sounds to me like you are entering perimenopause. I began around 35. It's not uncommon for those with Celiac Disease to "finish" early. As far as being pregnant, only you can answer that question.

You also might want to look into a full metabolic panel to make sure everything is in order.

Sounds to me like you are entering perimenopause. I began around 35. It's not uncommon for those with Celiac Disease to "finish" early. As far as being pregnant, only you can answer that question.

You also might want to look into a full metabolic panel to make sure everything is in order.

I am 32 so I guess that could be a possibility but I have no symptoms like hot flashes or anything like that. So could it be that.

Everyone is different, but hot flashes come later. You might want to have a check up.