vaness80

Newbie With A Few Questions

Rate this topic

hello everyone. I have a a five year old daughter that was just tested for celiacs.(blood test) We are awaiting the results now. I wanted to ask if anyone had a child or possibly even themselves had any of my daughters symptoms.

Abdominal pain that is unexplainable

pale stools...no D

gassiness

bloating

Almost a year ago she had to have her gallbladder removed due to gall stones. I have read that celiacs could cause gallbladder problems. All of these things are really making me wonder if she has celiacs. She seems to have, if I am right with my research of symptoms, celiacs. And now I am wondering if perhaps the gallbladder was a symptom as well.

What do you all think? Does she sound like she could possibly have this? I know you're not doctors but from what I have read on here, you all seem to know what you are talking about!

hello everyone. I have a a five year old daughter that was just tested for celiacs.(blood test) We are awaiting the results now. I wanted to ask if anyone had a child or possibly even themselves had any of my daughters symptoms.

pale stools...no D

gassiness

bloating

Almost a year ago she had to have her gallbladder removed due to gall stones. I have read that celiacs could cause gallbladder problems. All of these things are really making me wonder if she has celiacs. She seems to have, if I am right with my research of symptoms, celiacs. And now I am wondering if perhaps the gallbladder was a symptom as well.

What do you all think? Does she sound like she could possibly have this? I know you're not doctors but from what I have read on here, you all seem to know what you are talking about!

Welcome!

Yes those symptoms that you listed could be associated with Celiac.

I am sure you are anxious to get your results for the blood test. We have a lot of mothers here who have children with Celiac.

pale stools...no D

gassiness

bloating

Hi!

I am the mother of an 8 year old daughter who is also in the process of being tested. I am glad that you are pursuing this for your daughter. There's so much great info on the internet. My daughter has had similar complaints. She also has dental enamel defects. The only bloodwork that was positive was her IgG which is not the best predictor of celiacs. She had an endoscopy/colonoscopy last week and we are awaiting the biopsy reports. They also did a barium study to look at the possibility of IBS. I don't know if the gallbladder is related. I haven't seen that in my many searches, but did not look for that specifically. I hope you can find a good peds GI who can help to steer you in the right direction.

All the best to you and your little sweetie!