nmlove

Storing Baked Goods

Rate this topic

So I haven't done much gluten-free baking but I seem to be having a problem. I've made two great recipes - one a pumpkin "bar" (more like a cake) and cornbread. Both are good but on sitting out they start to get gummy in the middle. I thought the bars did that because I put the frosting on before it was cooled all the way. But now the cornbread did it too. Am I missing something? Should I put it in the fridge immediately after cooling?

Any input would be great, thanks! I'm making these for Thanksgiving and would like to be able to make the day before since we'll be traveling on Thursday. But now I'm thinking I may have to get up early and let them cool on the way to the in-laws.

I have found a lot of things "set-up" better in the freezer. Just make sure to wrap them carefully-I do aluminum foil inside a Ziploc bag.

I have found a lot of things "set-up" better in the freezer. Just make sure to wrap them carefully-I do aluminum foil inside a Ziploc bag.

Thanks! Do you put it in straight from the oven or let it cool for a bit, then stick it in? I'll have to try this.