Rate this topic

Seems like last time I went to the Orthodontist for my fitting I was bloated after. Today I just picked up my Invisalign and feel a little bloated again. Could it just be something in the office? Could it be the latex gloves?

Hi there,

I have an invisaline also. I have an old one & I'm going to see my dentist tomorrow & get a new one made. I did call the office yesterday & asked them if there was any gluten in the invisaline. They told me no, but I'm still getting a new one made tomorrow just in case my old one is contaminated with gluten. I've been gluten free for nine weeks but still not feeling that much better. So I wondered if it was the invisaline, also.

Did you aslk them about the gloves they used? You might want to clean your invisaline with a tooth brush & Dawn liquid soap if you're worried about it having gluten on it. Ask your dentist's office first, but I'm sure it's okay.

Hopefully someone else can add to this. Lots of knowledgeable people on this forum!

Hi there,

I have an invisaline also. I have an old one & I'm going to see my dentist tomorrow & get a new one made. I did call the office yesterday & asked them if there was any gluten in the invisaline. They told me no, but I'm still getting a new one made tomorrow just in case my old one is contaminated with gluten. I've been gluten free for nine weeks but still not feeling that much better. So I wondered if it was the invisaline, also.

Did you aslk them about the gloves they used? You might want to clean your invisaline with a tooth brush & Dawn liquid soap if you're worried about it having gluten on it. Ask your dentist's office first, but I'm sure it's okay.

Hopefully someone else can add to this. Lots of knowledgeable people on this forum!

Please let me know if you have any reactions once you get your new Invisalign. Thanks!