Ahorsesoul

Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert

Rate this topic

I finally found some gluten free ice cream sandwiches. So tonight I decided to make this recipe. Of course I couldn't find it. So I put caramel over the top of the sandwich cookie, then whipped cream and then chocolate syrup. Toooooo die for. I ate half of it and the sandwich cookies are small. I'll never eat a plan old ice cream sandwich again. I'm sure it's low calorie since I only ate half.

Caramel was made from boiling a can of condensed milk--most excellent.

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Caramel-from-S...-Condensed-Milk

Where did you find gluten free ice cream sandwiches? I made this dessert many times (with glutened ice cream sandwiches) before going gluten free for family gatherings. Everyone loves it!

By the way, when I make caramel by boiling cans of condensed milk, I boil 8 cans at a time. Once boiled, they last for up to 2 years in the pantry (I remove the condensed milk label and label as caramel and store them in the pantry unopened). Makes great caramel apple dip, cake topping, filling for rolls with pecans added, ice cream topping, etc.

WARNING: never open a warm can of caramel, it will explode.......

Wenmin

WARNING: never open a warm can of caramel, it will explode.......

Wenmin

I will not ask how you know this! lol

Good to know how long they last. I was thinking of doing several at a time. tfs

I will not ask how you know this! lol

Good to know how long they last. I was thinking of doing several at a time. tfs

HAAA! I have to defend myself here. It has never happened to me, but I do know that it has happened to several people before. I always boil them ahead of time and don't open until the day after they are boiled......