Rate this topic

I learned this one from my neighbor who shares a common fence, and she uses the grapes I grow there.

I found that Suffolk Red Grapes taste the best.

Take the grapes and rinse them under the tap, and then air dry them on towels. Then freeze them on cookie sheets in the freezer. Once frozen bag them up in freezer bags.

This process keeps the grapes from freezing up in one big clump.

To me they taste much better than ice cream, and they last all year long, until the next grape crop ripens.

This is a picture taken through my grape arbor showing last summer

I do that with huckleberries, then you can put them in waffles, pancakes, zucchini bread, muffins... if your family doesn't find them in the freezer first :lol:

I love those purple flowers (that's my favorite color)!!!

I have started making "trash" as a snack. One large recipe lasts for a long time in tins or zip lock bags.

Just use your old recipe (or any from a book) with Rice Chex, Corn Chex, Whole Os cereal, Glutino pretzels, and a can of nuts, if you like them. No one will even knnow they are eating gluten-free.

Any other good snacks? I LOVE snacks.

I bought a food dehydrator after neighbors offered for me to pick figs from their trees this year. I dried a bunch of figs...BUT, what I REALLY like is slicing bananas into about 1/2 inch slices (rounds), sprinkle cinamon on them and then dehydrate them. YUMMM. And I don't even like bananas. I put baggies of them in the freezer and they get super crunchy. You can't eat too many, though. Poooot. :P (like we need any help with THAT, eh?)

I also like to freeze grapes. We have several concord vines and I wasn't sure what to do with them this year since it was the first big crop. I froze them and they're scrumptious. Seeds and all. Next year I may try to make jelly.

CalicoJo, I love your turtle picture. Is he a pet?

Our house is surrounded by anolis (little chameleons) and they are really cute.