chiroptera

Red Rash Around Mouth/red Earslobes

Rate this topic

Hello. Do any of you or your children happen to get a red rash around the mouth (but not the actual lips; more of like a ring around the lips) and/or have earlobes or the whole outside ear that turns bright red after eating gluten?

We think our son does when he has gluten (which is not intentional) but are also thinking it may be related to blue dye 1.

thanks.

My son has always had a rash/chapped look. He is only 18 months old and it comes and goes. No idea if it is from gluten or not but would be curious to find out what others have to say. I would think it is possible to cause a rash but I just thought his might be from ketchup or something like that irritating his face.

Sorry I am of no help. Hope you figure out what is causing it!

One of my son's gets rashes often around his mouth but it depends on what he's eating. Don't think it's gluten related.

My other son gets the red ear, always has. Comes and goes. He's been gluten free and it still happens. I once read somewhere that it could be a sign of an allergy. Not sure of the validity of that though. Interesting thought.

My son has a patchy red rash on his face that gets much worse for a few days to a couple weeks after he gets glutened. I've never paid attention to why his ears get red when they do, because there is no rash, just redness. He gets the same rash on his diaper area when he gets gluten, he's 15 months old.