Lombardi25

Sad News For Anello's Gluten Free Cafe In Portsmouth, Nh

Rate this topic

A article from last week in the Portsmouth Herald reports that they are closing shop. Appearantly the landlord has increased the rent by 25% and they cannot afford to stay in business at the moment with that type of rate increase, so sadly it looks like the last day that it will be open is December 24th. I am sure (or hoping at least) that at some point she will either open up shop somewhere else or find another way to get her food/recipes etc. out there, but this is really dissapointing considering how great the place was. Just an FYI for anyone that frequented there or were planning trips in the next couple of weeks for holiday snacks and food.

There's a place down the road on Route 1 in North Hampton that I've heard great things about called Buzz's Bakery and he has several of the same type of items that Anello's had, but it is a smaller place, so I don't think it has the extensive breakfast/lunch items that Anellos had, more of a take out place.

I hope all the best though for the owner of Anello's and thanks for all the good you've done for all the local Celiacs :-)