Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jasonD2

Had My Colonoscopy Today

I cant believe what a breeze it was...even the prep wasnt as bad as everyone says. I was sedated but the whole procedure was like 10 minutes and no polyps :) Im kinda surprised he didnt find anything abnormal considering how ive had constipation problems and IBS for almost 8 years now, but oh well

Endoscopy & blood panel all negative 12/09 after being strict w/ gluten free diet

As of 8/09 - Candida Overgrowth, C.difficile overgrowth, elevated fecal anti-gliadin, elevated putrefactive SCFA's

Developed severe lactose intolerance, IBS and food sensitivities in 02 after contracting Giardia from a river in Oregon

Had negative celiac blood work in 02

Elevated stool anti-gliadin Ab (21 with 10 being cutoff for normal) - 2008

Positive for DQ8- 2008

Tested high positive for egg, dairy, soy, ginger, mustard - 2008

Lactulose/Mannitol (leaky gut) test indicated slight intestinal permeability

Improved with gluten free diet but still have spastic constipation

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Im kinda surprised he didnt find anything abnormal considering how ive had constipation problems and IBS for almost 8 years now, but oh well

I certainly hope you are relieved and happy with your test results, as most people would be! :)

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Yep although its frustrating how ive been scanned from top to bottom and still dont feel well..amazing how everything can look so normal when you feel so abnormal. Right now im focusing on treating parasites and think after that i can start building my body up again- we shall see

Endoscopy & blood panel all negative 12/09 after being strict w/ gluten free diet

As of 8/09 - Candida Overgrowth, C.difficile overgrowth, elevated fecal anti-gliadin, elevated putrefactive SCFA's

Developed severe lactose intolerance, IBS and food sensitivities in 02 after contracting Giardia from a river in Oregon

Had negative celiac blood work in 02

Elevated stool anti-gliadin Ab (21 with 10 being cutoff for normal) - 2008

Positive for DQ8- 2008

Tested high positive for egg, dairy, soy, ginger, mustard - 2008

Lactulose/Mannitol (leaky gut) test indicated slight intestinal permeability

Improved with gluten free diet but still have spastic constipation

Glad they didn't find anything bad. Sometimes you just wish they could find something a little bad but treatable. Good luck with the parasites. I know you may feel bad from the treatment but stick it out & get those suckers out of there!

Glad it's done and over with --and most importantly that every thing is normal. :)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

I cant believe what a breeze it was...even the prep wasnt as bad as everyone says. I was sedated but the whole procedure was like 10 minutes and no polyps :) Im kinda surprised he didnt find anything abnormal considering how ive had constipation problems and IBS for almost 8 years now, but oh well

Jason - good news on your results. I am going in for a colonoscopy this week and they have given Dulcolax and Miralax/Gatorade for the prep. Is this what you used? I have been trying to find out if Dulcolax is gluten-free??