Chrisco

Is This Withdrawal?

Rate this topic

I started my gluten free diet on Sunday. I have been feeling really good however today I am so exhausted and weak. I have been eating whole foods and my diet is a lot better since going off gluten. I slept fairly well last night and probably got at least 6 hours of solid sleep. I can barely keep my eyes open today. I also am so weak that just speaking takes a lot of effort. Could this be symptoms of withdrawal? I am at work and have only been here for an hour and still have 7 hours to go. Any suggestions of how I can wake up and get more energy? :unsure:

Some sublingual B12 will may help a bit and a good gluten free higher dose multi. It could be part of your withdrawl and if it is it should pass soon. 6 hrs is not a lot of sleep. Your body is healing and if you can possibly get a few more that might help also. Make sure you are getting enough protein, nut butter and a piece of fruit and some gluten-free pretzels or crackers might help a bit. There is also the possibility that you have gotten glutened, it is tough at first to avoid all we need to avoid and some will inevitably sneak in. For me feeling exhausted and depressed are the first signs but those first signs will differ for different people.