nixie_nox

Got My Blood Tests

Rate this topic

So the obvious celiac tests that I can pick out are deamidated gliadin abs, iga which was 2.6

t-transglutaminase, iga which was 1

so considered neg

but immunoglobulin A, QN, serum was high at 438. I need help with that one, can't find much on it.

other tests that were abnormal: Vit D low, put on the 12 vit d therapy.

wbc high at 11.1

neutrophils high at 85

lymphs high at 13

monocytes low at 2

neutrophils (absolute) high at 9.4

glucose high

all cholesterol high(been put on a low fat diet)

bilirubin abnormal at 2

I would reallly appreciate any help with these.

So I have been doing some reading, does having a negative giladin and ttg but a high immunoglobulin A mean I don't have celiacs?

Apparently the Immunoglobulin is just used to see if your deficient, which sways makes the other tests present negative.

When you say the immunoglobin A, does that mean total Iga?? I had a celiac panel done (four tests) and three of them came back as normal and my total Iga was high. My doc says I'm fine and not to worry about the high number. I hope that someone reponds to you, as I am also curious to know what a high total Iga means when all of the other blood tests are normal.

Thank you for your kind response. I am not sure, as I am so new to this too. All I know is that it is a immunglobulin serum A that came up high.

Which must mean one of our doctors is wrong! I hope not.

Any input from anyone who understands these tests is greatly appreciated.

Some people with celiac disease have an IgA deficiency. This can make the tissue transglutaminase or anti-gliadin IgA numbers falsely appear negative. The total IgA is there to rule out IgA deficiency. You do not have IgA deficiency, so that means that is not the reason for your low antibody tests.

What does the doctor say about your high glucose? Are you diabetic? Is that causing your symptoms?

Some people with celiac disease have an IgA deficiency. This can make the tissue transglutaminase or anti-gliadin IgA numbers falsely appear negative. The total IgA is there to rule out IgA deficiency. You do not have IgA deficiency, so that means that is not the reason for your low antibody tests.

What does the doctor say about your high glucose? Are you diabetic? Is that causing your symptoms?

He just said that he thinks it could be borderline celiac. I saw the gastro today. She scheduled me for the biopsy next week.

He just said that he thinks it could be borderline celiac. I saw the gastro today. She scheduled me for the biopsy next week.

Am curious as to what you found out from the gastro.