freeatlast

Coconut Flour Recipes

Rate this topic

Yesterday I was in Whole Foods and a fellow Celiac shopper talked about how much she likes coconut flour and recommended a bread recipe with lots of eggs. Has anyone tried this recipe and did you like it? One comment online said it has an eggy taste.

Anyone have other coconut flour recipes that you like? I understand you can't substitute it one to one for other flours. I found the recipe below on several websites. This is from one of them:

Coconut Flour Bread

Ingredients

• 6 eggs

• 1/2 cup melted coconut oil or butter or Ghee

• 1-2 tablespoons honey (optional, I usually leave it out)

• 1 tsp baking powder, optional

• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt

• 3/4 cup coconut flour

Directions

1. Mix all ingredients together and pour into a small buttered loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.

2. Turn the loaf out and cool completely on a rack before serving. That’s it! Enjoy.

Actually, I ended up baking mine for 50 minutes, but I'd check at 40, because my oven seems to take a tad longer to bake.

Comments about the bread from someone who tried it (?): This is a somewhat eggy-tasting bread, so if you don't care for that kind of taste, this might not be for you.

I was afraid the bread would be dry, because previous experience with coconut flour yielded a very dry product (the OMM, for instance), but this is not the least bit dry, probably due to the large amount of egg and butter. I think that even my dh will like this. It does not taste like coconut.

I like to make banana bread out of it. Eating some right now. ;)

I like to make banana bread out of it. Eating some right now. ;)

What other flours do you use in the recipe? Also, could you share the ratio to the amt. of flour called for to how much coconut flour to use?

What other flours do you use in the recipe? Also, could you share the ratio to the amt. of flour called for to how much coconut flour to use?

I used this recipe from this site:

http://healthyindulgences.blogspot.com/search/label/banana%20nut%20muffins

Instead of using lined muffin tins I made it into three mini loaves. It is very good.

I've made coconut bread, I use the Cooking with Coconut Flour Cookbook by Bruce Fife. It's awesome.

I've also made chocolate cookies, chocolate chip coconut cookies, chocolate cupcakes and pancakes. Oddly, there was no chocolate in the pancakes. ;)

Coconut flour is very tasty. And although it's expensive (I pay $10 for 2 pounds) most recipes only need a small amount of it, so that 2 pounds lasts quite a while.

It's somebody's birthday at work Friday, so I'm going to make some chocolate chip cookies :D

I've made coconut bread, I use the Cooking with Coconut Flour Cookbook by Bruce Fife. It's awesome.

I've also made chocolate cookies, chocolate chip coconut cookies, chocolate cupcakes and pancakes. Oddly, there was no chocolate in the pancakes. ;)

Coconut flour is very tasty. And although it's expensive (I pay $10 for 2 pounds) most recipes only need a small amount of it, so that 2 pounds lasts quite a while.

It's somebody's birthday at work Friday, so I'm going to make some chocolate chip cookies :D

Sounds good! Just wondering if there any recipes using only egg whites (aside from meringues or macaroons)? DH doesn't like whole eggs & seems to be sensitive to the yolks but not the whites (really).

none that I noticed, no.