Bobbijo6681

Odd Side Effect...

Rate this topic

I have noticed over the last week or so I have had a problem biting my nails again...I used to do this as a child but outgrew it. Now today I even caught myself with my ink pen in my mouth...I am a total germaphobe, I NEVER do that. Is this something weird going on? I was getting so excited about my nails growing out strong and healthy, and then it was like before I even realized it they were gone...Which is a totally disgusting habit anyway, but something that I haven't done since I was a child.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Think back to how you used to feel as a child at the time you were biting your nails. Were you going through a stressful time? Were there conflicts in your life? It could just simply be a reversion to a behavior that got you through something when you were young, and you are using it now to get you through the adjustment of eating gluten free, which is not an easy one.

• Upvote 1

I agree. stressing over something? :unsure:

I guess I never thought of it that way....I don't really feel all that stressed about the new diet, I have really embraced it and find that I eat much healthier, and have been losing weight. That makes me happy, but there is some truth to that I think....Thanks for making me think!