CalicoSue

Poultry Gravy Is Gluten-Free At Boston Market!

Rate this topic

I couldn't believe it myself, so even after reviewing the ingredients on-line on the Boston Market website, I

called Boston Market (twice!) and talked with their representatives. They make their own chicken stock (does not come out of a can). The poultry gravy is indeed Gluten-free. See the ingredients below:

Poultry Gravy (4oz): WATER, POULTRY GRAVY MIX (MODIFIED CORN STARCH,MALTODEXTRIN, VEGETABLE OIL, SALT, SUGAR, YEAST EXTRACT, SILICON DIOXIDE, ONION POWDER, CHICKEN STOCK, CARAMELIZED SUGAR, DRY WHOLE MILK, SPICES, SOY LECITHIN,

TUMERIC EXTRACT AND PAPRIKA EXTRACT). Contains: SOY, MILK.

Gravy on mashed potatoes just seems like a dream to a celiac, so this is exciting news. Please note that the beef gravy at Boston Market is NOT Gluten-free. I had lunch there yesterday (ordered extra poultry gravy!) and it was delicious. No reaction (but as we all know, you can be affected by gluten and sometimes not know it).

This information does not take into consideration any cross-contact issues, etc., that you may encounter while eating out. It is up to each of us to research ingredients to our own satisfaction. Usual disclaimer - eating out is risky.

Sue

from California