Bloomtiful

Article Ideas

Rate this topic

I write for my local paper, and I was approached to write an article about Gluten and Celiac disease. I think it's a great idea and I am excited to get some more gluten-free information out there. But I wanted to turn here first to find out: if you could open your local paper right now, what would you like to read concerning Gluten and Celiac disease? Would you want to learn some new recipies? Or places to eat out locally? Or maybe you just want to learn a little more about Celiac in general. I can pretty much talk about anything, I have been given free creative leash. But I don't want to write something generic. Soo... reply and give me your ideas for my article! I would really appreciate it! Thank you so much!

Hope you'll post the finished story here. Depending on the size of the paper and what you come up with maybe they will let you offer it to AP. Would not hurt them to be a little more aware of things. As a reader, I would want to know that the restaurants in my area were safe -- I would want to know which chefs and staff were really aware of the issues that create a pleasant dining experience for a celiac. Do they know how cross contamination affects us? Do they know soy sauce, for the most part, is wheat and not soy? DO they know that spelt, kamut etc. is still wheat? Too often gluten free is used as a buzz word. I had a fit at a farmers market at someone touting gluten free spelt cookies. As a journalist, you can help to build awareness that benefits those with celiac as well as local businesses who understand it.

Will look forward to the story!

Ken

I write for my local paper, and I was approached to write an article about Gluten and Celiac disease. I think it's a great idea and I am excited to get some more gluten-free information out there. But I wanted to turn here first to find out: if you could open your local paper right now, what would you like to read concerning Gluten and Celiac disease? Would you want to learn some new recipies? Or places to eat out locally? Or maybe you just want to learn a little more about Celiac in general. I can pretty much talk about anything, I have been given free creative leash. But I don't want to write something generic. Soo... reply and give me your ideas for my article! I would really appreciate it! Thank you so much!

I'd write about informing other people. Like the other poster suggested concentrate on targeting the food industry and educating restaurant staff. I don't think you'll teach a celiac much unless they have done no personal research?

Thank you for your input! It was great to hear from you about what you would want to read. I am planning on talking to a bunch of local restaurants and asking them what they do to keep their food safe for those with gluten intolerances. I think that that is going to be something that everyone will want to read. Thanks again!