AlysounRI

Price Chopper gluten-free Products

Rate this topic

They have started selling Starfish frozen gluten free breaded fish fillets in the seafood dept. It is kept in the freezer next to the fish counter.. They have cod, haddock, and one other that I cannot remember. As a side note, I did not realize my Price Chopper carried gluten free pasta. I kept looking in the healthfood section. When it was not there, I assumed they did not carry it so I just started going to Wegmans when I needed to purchase it. Imagine my surprise one day when I was looking for toothpicks and found their gluten free section in an aisle in between shampoo, etc and picnic supplies. This is on the other side of the store from the health food section. Silly me, but I thought the gluten free food section would be found in an aisle that actually was in the food section of the store. I never would have dreamed to look between shampoo and picnic supplies. Good thing I needed toothpicks!!!!!

Actually, after what I saw today in our local Safeway, putting the gluten-free stuff in with non-food items sounds like a pretty good idea.

I was looking for sorghum flour in the baking aisle. Didn't find it, but there were many gluten-free products in this one little location, sitting side-by-side with whole wheat flours and other poisons. I will talk to the manager of the store about this. What's the use of processing in a dedicated factory if your products are jammed together with leaky bags of gluten-filled products????

I vote for putting all of the gluten-free products in a little hermetically sealed room where you have to go through a decontamination chamber to get to it. :D

:lol:

Actually, after what I saw today in our local Safeway, putting the gluten-free stuff in with non-food items sounds like a pretty good idea.

I was looking for sorghum flour in the baking aisle. Didn't find it, but there were many gluten-free products in this one little location, sitting side-by-side with whole wheat flours and other poisons. I will talk to the manager of the store about this. What's the use of processing in a dedicated factory if your products are jammed together with leaky bags of gluten-filled products????

I vote for putting all of the gluten-free products in a little hermetically sealed room where you have to go through a decontamination chamber to get to it. :D