book-worm

An Odd Symptom, Or Something Else?

Rate this topic

You all must be seriously sick of my questions by now, but here

You are basically describing me when I am glutened. Especially the pain and swelling right above my belly button. Gas, bloating, general not feeling well, joint pains. I don't normally get the acid thing but can get the burning in my gut right when I eating but only when I accidently get glutened. Hope this helps.

Me too. This sounds like intense gas or bloating along with heartburn/reflux. I have this all the time. I'm sorry. It's no fun at all.

This precise symptom is exactly how I became diagnosed with Celiac. The pain/pressure/burning feeling I had directly below my sternum was caused by gastritis. I have this daily -- especially at night and right before bed. My gastritis is celiac induced, so after I got glutened (only once so far since going gluten-free) it flared back up. I too experience bloating in the upper region of my abdomen (not so much the lower). All in all, your symptoms do not sound odd or unrelated to me. Have you had an endoscopy recently? That is how the gastritis and the celiac were found for me.

Thanks guys, helps to know that other