Lexi

Captain Jack's Parrot Bay Coconut Rum

Rate this topic

I made a drink with this the other night, and it was Incredible!!! It was simply the coconut rum, pineapple juice, and grenadine. But, so yummy, especially if you like Pina Coladas. I checked on line and found several random sources that said this rum was gluten free, but could not get a response from the company when I wrote to them. I felt sick for the next few days, and was really bummed about it. Anyway, is it possible that the coconut flavoring could actually contain soy or dairy (which I can't have either). I didn't think alcohol would include any of these ingredients. Anyway, I am wanting to try the drink again to see if it was coincidence, but don't want to feel sick again. Anyone know?

I made a drink with this the other night, and it was Incredible!!! It was simply the coconut rum, pineapple juice, and grenadine. But, so yummy, especially if you like Pina Coladas. I checked on line and found several random sources that said this rum was gluten free, but could not get a response from the company when I wrote to them. I felt sick for the next few days, and was really bummed about it. Anyway, is it possible that the coconut flavoring could actually contain soy or dairy (which I can't have either). I didn't think alcohol would include any of these ingredients. Anyway, I am wanting to try the drink again to see if it was coincidence, but don't want to feel sick again. Anyone know?

I'd think it more likely that soy was your culprit, if you get the same kind of reaction to soy that you do gluten. Either way, it made you feel yucky, so maybe try Captain Morgan?