Rate this topic

I had a very strong positive blood test and response to the gluten-free diet, with a negative biopsy, The Dr. only took 4 samples, though, and I am absolutely positive he missed the affected areas and that I have celiac. I have a colonoscopy now scheduled for this week. What can be seen in a colonoscopy that was missed in the endoscopy and blood work?

The colonoscopy is not going to help with getting a celiac diagnosis. However it is a good screening tool if you are having other problems that could be colon related. I had one done two months after my celiac diagnosis and I was 35. The doctor removed a polyp I am glad I had it done for the peace of mind.

I had a very strong positive blood test and response to the gluten-free diet, with a negative biopsy, The Dr. only took 4 samples, though, and I am absolutely positive he missed the affected areas and that I have celiac. I have a colonoscopy now scheduled for this week. What can be seen in a colonoscopy that was missed in the endoscopy and blood work?

If you feel better eating gluten-free, then I would just continue and say the heck with the biopsy. You could also do the stool testing through enterolab, but that will just lead you to knowing whether or not you are sensitive to gluten. It will not diagnose you with celiac. I say if you feel better eating gluten-free just embrace that!

Good luck!

False positive blood tests just don't happen. RE: biopsy- yes he should have taken at least 6 samples. And there are over 35 ft of intestine. Very possible to miss damaged areas.