conniebky

Have You Ever Felt Like This?

Rate this topic

Today is my second day of being gluten free.

I was wondering if anyone has felt like this - ? Since February, I get up in the morning, feel ok, then while eating breakfast, this icky feeling washes over me, like dizziness and nausea - just a icky gross weak feeling.

Then, when I walk, I feel "tilted" and like I'm going to fall over. I was dx'd with positional vertigo and given all kinds of drugs that I have since quit taking.

Then, every time after I ate, I'd get that dizzy gross weak feeling again. So, I looked it up and it said that eating can make vertigo worse which made no sense to me.

But everything I was eating was that good ol' healthy whole grain and whole wheat...so......

I was wondering if anyone has experienced that feeling I'm trying to describe. B)

I have had times in my life - prior to being gluten free - when I have felt that same way. I can't remember for sure if it was after I ate breakfast, but it seems like it was, and I know it was in the mornings.

Wish I had some advice or something for you, but I at least wanted to say that I had experienced the same thing before.

Hopefully you figure out your health issues soon. Good luck!

I was wondering if anyone has felt like this - ? Since February, I get up in the morning, feel ok, then while eating breakfast, this icky feeling washes over me, like dizziness and nausea - just a icky gross weak feeling.

Then, when I walk, I feel "tilted" and like I'm going to fall over. I was dx'd with positional vertigo and given all kinds of drugs that I have since quit taking.

Then, every time after I ate, I'd get that dizzy gross weak feeling again. So, I looked it up and it said that eating can make vertigo worse which made no sense to me.

But everything I was eating was that good ol' healthy whole grain and whole wheat...so......

I was wondering if anyone has experienced that feeling I'm trying to describe. B)

Morning is the worst for me. I do not know if it ties into what you are dealing with at all - but I absolutely dread mornings and how my tummy will react. It definitely gets better throughout the day but I feel nauseus and and dizzy before and sometimes after I eat in the AM as well.

Yes, vertigo was one of my symptoms when I was still eating gluten. It cleared up not long after starting a true gluten-free diet (it took a while for me to figure out what was truly gluten-free). Hopefully, this will happen for you too. :-)

When I first started reacting to gluten, I would get full-body tremors and chills and often vertigo and tunnel-vision. Once I was trying to get to the bathroom to throw some cold water on my face and I was so out of it that I walked into the men's room by mistake. I had to take a minute to regroup in the hallway before I could get to the ladies one door down.

When I first started reacting to gluten, I would get full-body tremors and chills and often vertigo and tunnel-vision. Once I was trying to get to the bathroom to throw some cold water on my face and I was so out of it that I walked into the men's room by mistake. I had to take a minute to regroup in the hallway before I could get to the ladies one door down.

Oh, that makes me feel AWFUL for you. I soooo know that feeling. I'm sorry that happened to you.

yes!!! i know exactly what your saying, i feel like that most days a really icky weak feeling in the morning and then by late afternoon early evening i tend to feel a lot better, is s strange, sometimes when at work i feel all lopsided as if im going to walk into something is awful! I havent been diagnosed as yet waiting to see gastro but searching for answers in the meantime! :)

is s strange, sometimes when at work i feel all lopsided as if im going to walk into something is awful! I havent been diagnosed as yet waiting to see gastro but searching for answers in the meantime! :)

Oh wow, I can relate. I hate it when I'm walking down a corridor and people are walking towards me because it's so hard not to walk into them. And if I have to walk past something and then turn, I frequently hit it as I go. I first noticed this when I was 20 and I always managed to hit the photocopier as I turned to go into the store room, even though there was plenty of room on my other side. It's that lopsided, tilted feeling and it's so weird. I haven't been diagnosed yet either.

Do you ever feel - not sure how to describe it exactly - but kind of super aware of your body and what's around you because you're struggling to stop feeling spaced out and tilted? I feel like everyone else just walks around at ease while I'm always concentrating hard on it. My GP did some neurological tests, things like me tapping my finger on my nose and then reaching for her finger, which kept moving, and she said I did fine but I was concentrating very hard :-)

Well, the good news is I don't feel like that anymore since I'm gluten-free. But it's when I start feeling like that that I know I've been glutened. Like today I had that coffee at work and I felt that feeling coming over me, sure enough.

I would equate that feeling with true misery. I went into Walgreens one day to get some cigarettes ( i know, i know ;) and they are right up front and I thought I'd never make it outta that store without falling over. It was just misery feeling like that. Also, I noticed that I hold my head up correctly now. I noticed before that I was holding my chin down and turned to the left.

And I was so "jealous" of all these people walking around like there was nothin' to it! I went to the grocery last night and walked clear back to the restroom without a basket - but then I got one, cuz I think I've become dependent on them.

Well, the good news is I don't feel like that anymore since I'm gluten-free. But it's when I start feeling like that that I know I've been glutened. Like today I had that coffee at work and I felt that feeling coming over me, sure enough.

I would equate that feeling with true misery. I went into Walgreens one day to get some cigarettes ( i know, i know ;) and they are right up front and I thought I'd never make it outta that store without falling over. It was just misery feeling like that. Also, I noticed that I hold my head up correctly now. I noticed before that I was holding my chin down and turned to the left.

And I was so "jealous" of all these people walking around like there was nothin' to it! I went to the grocery last night and walked clear back to the restroom without a basket - but then I got one, cuz I think I've become dependent on them.

That's awesome that being gluten fre makes it go away, though I'm sorry you had to go through it again after being glutened :-( I hope you feel better soon.