Rate this topic

I have been gluten free for 9 months, now, but noticed more improvement (i.e. some weight gain) only after drastically increasing my probiotic intake.

Like most of you probably also experienced at first, I have been eating enough for a few people and absorbing almost nothing, and I am thrilled to have finally found something that seems to help me get the nutrients out of my food. The problem is that this, along with the zillion vitamins and supplements I have been told to take, is costing a lot of money. How do we find quality probiotics (and other supplements) that are guaranteed gluten free? (And, in my case, also dairy and yeast free?)

Thanks so much for any help!

I have been gluten free for 9 months, now, but noticed more improvement (i.e. some weight gain) only after drastically increasing my probiotic intake.

Like most of you probably also experienced at first, I have been eating enough for a few people and absorbing almost nothing, and I am thrilled to have finally found something that seems to help me get the nutrients out of my food. The problem is that this, along with the zillion vitamins and supplements I have been told to take, is costing a lot of money. How do we find quality probiotics (and other supplements) that are guaranteed gluten free? (And, in my case, also dairy and yeast free?)

Thanks so much for any help!

The best way to find out if a particular vitamin supplement is gluten free is to contact the manufacturer and ask them. Here in Australia vitamins etc. usually have on the label free from gluten, dairy, sugar etc. Gluten has to be declared on our food products here but not on medications and vitamins. Therefore if it is not on the label I either call the customer service number on the pack or get the pharmacist to look it up.