bbuster

Busch Gardens, Tampa And Port Charlotte

Rate this topic

We are going to Tampa for 2 days - Busch Gardens, possibly a baseball game one night, then on to my brother's new house in Port Charlotte.

Any tips for restaurants in either area? Our hotel is just a mile away from Busch Gardens. Or local places to buy gluten-free foods?

Busch Gardens has a meal plan - does anyone know if they have many gluten-free options?

My son is the only Celiac in the family - he loves burgers, fries, pizza, tacos - pretty normal teenage stuff.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

You're in luck, Sami's Bakery is on Busch Boulevard down the street from the park. I read online that they opened a restaurant as well. There is also Vital Bakery that is about a five minute drive from there. Hope this post doesn't reach you too late. Have a great trip. liz

You're in luck, Sami's Bakery is on Busch Boulevard down the street from the park. I read online that they opened a restaurant as well. There is also Vital Bakery that is about a five minute drive from there. Hope this post doesn't reach you too late. Have a great trip. liz

We are already back, but we did find Sami's Bakery in my pre-trip research. My husband took our son there (he's the only Celiac in the family) and they came back with a small pan of brownies. I was laughing because it said it served 16, and was maybe 6 X 8 inches total, but then I took a small bite and it was so fantastically rich, a few bites with a big glass of milk was all anyone could take at one time. Good stuff!

I did not find a pizza place pre-trip (but found out about one later :( ), so I hauled a couple of homemade pre-baked crusts with freezer packs in our luggage, and made it for dinner at my brother's house.

Thanks for your post.

And yes - we had a great trip!