Rate this topic

Hi Everyone,

I recently discovered that makeup was an issue when you have Celiac Disease, so after being extremely upset that I had to say good-bye to so many products I was using, I decided to go on a hunt and this is what I am now currently using.

Dr. Hauschka press powder, it is sold at Whole Foods, it is fairly expensive at $39.99 CDN, but the ingredients did not contain anything that seemed to be an issue and it's quite a good product.

ZuZu eye liner, it is also sold at Whole Foods, it has about 6 ingredients and I haven't had a problem with any off them, and none of them included gluten that I could see, but (as you all know) continue to check!

Smashbox High Definition foundation, it's really light and very nice to wear, great coverage! (Be aware of their mascara's, all I believe contain gluten, specifically through tocopheral acetate.

Nars eye shadows are gluten-free! I bought Silk Road, very nice!

Smashbox blush, Chiffon, also lovely!

Maybelline Great Lash Big Mascara is gluten-free, they use corn starch in stead of wheat starch, and it's cheap!

Maybelline Great Lash Clear Mascara for your eyebrows also didn't have anything in it.

I bought a set of 10 small Smashbox glosses that were gluten-free.

Burt's Bees lip shimmer/ honey lip balm.

I really hope this helps everyone get ideas!

I was wondering if anyone knew of an nail varnish, and remover that is gluten-free, all of my contain acetate! Which I recently read can be derived from wheat?

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm just looking for gluten-free lipstick, as I don't wear other makeup. I'm assuming Burts Bees lipgloss is ok, but then there's another thread that says that BB is not a gluten-free company and that they didn't give direct answers when they were questioned about the use of gluten in their products. Does anyone else know if BB lipsticks are ok?