SARO

New Member Trying To Learn If I Should Go On The Diet

Rate this topic

Guys/Gals - Curious if these symptoms are familiar to yall.

* Crushing abdominal pain for several days. Pain is similar to what my wife described contractions as being. Come in heavy and hard and go away within 30 seconds (for me anyways). They are off and on like that all day for several days at a time. (these normally die down towards evening and come back around 4am)

* Extreme gas, bloating and tenderness around my abdomen

* Frequent diarrhea and loose stool (often immediately after eating)

* Often get really tired for no apparent reason

Looking at the gluten-free diets I realize that I take in quite a bit of glutens. My wife suggested I look into this after recalling that a friend in college had similar things going on. Curious to know if I'm on the right path. Thanks!

Hi Saro,

I'm brand new, but read your post. Have you let a doctor examine you? When you have sudden pains, it is a very good idea to let them rule out other possibilities. The gluten issue could still be explored, but some other things might be critical and need timely intervention. I'd really suggest getting looked at by a competent doc.

Hope you're feeling better very soon. It is not fun to feel that bad. :(

Hi Saro,

I'm brand new, but read your post. Have you let a doctor examine you? When you have sudden pains, it is a very good idea to let them rule out other possibilities. The gluten issue could still be explored, but some other things might be critical and need timely intervention. I'd really suggest getting looked at by a competent doc.

Hope you're feeling better very soon. It is not fun to feel that bad. :(

Good advice. Ask your doctor for a celiac panel while you're there.

If you decide to see a Dr you may be advised to stay on gluten until you have the tests done but you can eat less gluten foods. Hopefully your Dr will give you a diet to follow but some people have reported their diets here if he/she doesn't.

Your symptoms suggest you may have picked up a toxin producing enteria bacteria which is hanging around in your gut and giving its toxin gene to its close relatives - other enteric bacteria. There are some common spices - turmeric (instructions online), cayenne, cinnamon which may help you.

You may also have an overgrowth of intestinal yeasts and some of the herbal Candida programs have helped many people. Yeasts can over grow after taking antibiotics and can cause problems for years. The CureZone forms will tell you what helped them.