bahstonsox

Is It Possible To Feel Better After Just A Few Days?

Rate this topic

I went on a Gluton free diet yesterday.

My bloating has subsided and I feel lighter in my stomach area (if that makes sense).

My legs are still wildly restless but fell a little better.

Is this all in my head or could I actually start to feel better in day 2?

absolutely

Most definitely. Within two days of going gluten free, I stopped getting canker sores in my mouth and my hives went away. Within a 4 days - week, all my other symptoms (soreness, bowls problems etc) completely vanished.

From my understanding, this type of immediate relief resulting from a gluten-free diet is normal.

I hope you continue to feel better!!

Yes it is possible. Glad you got such a quick response. Your body is clearly telling you that you are doing the right thing.

I felt the difference within a few days. My restless legs calmed down after a short while but that proble comes back now and again and with me seems to be set off by other food intolerances or anytime my intestine is reacting to something. If it doesn't go away you may have to start eliminating foods from your diet and you may have to do something to get your bowel bacteria and yeasts back into balance.

Definitely. My daily headaches went away almost immediately. The bloating went after a couple of days. The IBS symptoms took a couple of months to subside but they calmed down a lot within the first week or so.

I felt great the first 2 days... then my body starting going through the withdrawals. 2 months later I feel "better" but far from great. Still trying to find that right balance.

I felt great the first 2 days... then my body starting going through the withdrawals. 2 months later I feel "better" but far from great. Still trying to find that right balance.

*sigh of relief* Whew, thank you. First day (having had pasta the previous day) I felt awful, but the next 2 days I felt wonderful! Now (day... 6?) I feel kind of cr*ppy again - not as bad as before, but I feel my body has completely changed how it absorbs oral medications I take (7+ pills a day), and mild allergies have turned into full blown hives/trouble breathing allergies.

That alone leads me to believe I'm on the right path with eliminating gluten and that my GI system is already working better, but it is a struggle to find the balance.

Yes, it's normal to feel better after only a few gluten-free days, and it's also possible to go through a lot of ups and downs. I would say I felt a lot better after a few days or a week, then hit another improvement milestone maybe 2-3 months later, then felt a bit worse (too much dairy, I think), and now at exactly 4 months gluten free, am better than I was a month or two ago. Sticking with it is the most important thing. As you go along, slowly, if you're still having problems, consider other food allergies, vitamin deficiencies, etc. Good luck to you!