Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

6ft6

A Little Vent

I lost my job Monday. I received a severance at leat, but it won't be easy to find something new. It was really awful for several months. A re hostile workplace situation with no accommodation of my illness. I can now focus on my health instead of the fear of job loss, but this really sucked. All of you out there hang in.

6ft6

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I'm sorry to hear you lost your job but it sounds like the place was pretty toxic. Glad you were able to get a severence and I hope you can find another better job soon. Hang in there, you never know this time next year you may look back and say losing that job was the best thing that ever happened. I do hope so anyway.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Tough times all over lately. I hope you find something you like soon. :)

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."

Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.

Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, eggplant, celery, strawberries, pistachios, and hard work. Have a good day! 🙂 Paul

So sorry to hear that. It's such a rough time right now. It sucks that work places make it so difficult for celiacs.

Are you really 6ft6? My brothers are 6ft4 and that's tall. :lol:

Somehow I ended up 4'11" and guess what the doc thinks? Undiagnosed celiac as a kid caused my growth to be stunted. I was super tall in the 5th grade. This height actually. Then I mysteriously stopped growing. Now we know why.

Lots of doctors diagnosed me with lots of things including IBS, lactose intolerance, wheat intolerance, and quite a few of them threw up their hands in total confusion.

Had GI symptoms, allergy symptoms and unexplained illness my whole life.

Jan. 2010 Diagnosed celiac at the age of 40.

Ready to get well and get on with my life!