Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

turkeybird

Finally!

Finally!!! I've struggled with my weight since being dx with Celiac 15 years ago. I've worked with nutritionists and doctors and had pretty much given up on losing the excess weight I had gained over the past 15 years (approx. 45 lbs.)

I'm happy to say that I'm finally losing weight. Slow and steady (2 lbs. per week) and it just keeps coming off. I have NEVER been able to lose weight before and I haven't even been hitting the gym.

One thing I changed in my diet is that I have removed all starches...even the gluten free ones. My body just doesn't like starch (rice/potato/tapioca/quinoa,etc.) Also, I stay away from all of the gluten free foods - they are pretty much loaded with starch.

What at difference. The bloated look/feeling has gone away and I actually feel lean. Not craving food at all and sometimes have to remind myself to eat.

I hope my experience helps others who are still struggling with weight gain issues after going gluten free.

Chris

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Congrats on the accomplishment. It actually works doesn't it?

Will you do the forum a favor and list what your typical day (all meals and beverages looks like)?

~Wheatfreedude~

Self taught body builder

Fitness fanatic

Avid Snowboarder and Surfer

Over 40 and single digit body fat

Getting stronger every week

Chris, it's funny how one can intuit when something feels right, and your advice does (as much as I wish it didn't). I'm curious to know if you simply removed grains or also removed starches such as potatoes. And--are you consuming dairy?

Thanks for sharing your solution,

Phoenix

One thing I changed in my diet is that I have removed all starches...even the gluten free ones. My body just doesn't like starch (rice/potato/tapioca/quinoa,etc.) Also, I stay away from all of the gluten free foods - they are pretty much loaded with starch.

Chris