Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kimis

For Those With Hypothyroidism

I have a tumor on my pituitary gland. I was really upset about it for a few years cause it was growing and I was unsure if my symptoms were from the tumor or the hashi's. The Docs I saw for the tumor all told me it was nothing and to forget about it. I always though they were wrong about that but I will bring this info up at my next endo app.

Yes, a tumor is exactly what I wanted to write but I didn't want to alarm you. Don't get worried though, through my research, I have found that these types of tumors are quite common and often resolve on their own. However, they can cause issues with hormones, so don't let them dismiss that.

So... I thought I was OK on T4 but couldn't get back to feeling right after I had to have my dose increased again. I'm on T4 and cytomel now and it's definitely a little better than just T4. I'm glad you started this thread, as it's peoples stories here that made me willing to approach my doctor.

So... I thought I was OK on T4 but couldn't get back to feeling right after I had to have my dose increased again. I'm on T4 and cytomel now and it's definitely a little better than just T4. I'm glad you started this thread, as it's peoples stories here that made me willing to approach my doctor.

I have to say that I really don't like Synthroid at all. Every time I had to increase my dose I would feel horrible. My hair would fall out, horrible acne, my body would hurt and I just felt like crying all the time. I would decrease the dose and those symptoms would disappear. I gave up trying for a while and just excepted that I was going to feel like poop for the rest of my life and there was nothing I could do about it. Then I tried cytomel and it did wonders for me. I am not where I should be yet and I haven't found the right combination, but I have hope now and I didn't have that before. Living with autoimmune diseases is a frustrating battle for me. Celiac is easy cause all you have to do is avoid gluten (I don't care what any of you say....that is much easier than taking pills, seeing doctors, getting bloodwork all the time, ect.) Searching for answers is tiring and some of the docs I have seen have been a complete waste of time and money. They need to invent some kind of machine that can scan your body....find the problems....and fix them!

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

It’s certainly possible.  Coffee and susbstances made from cow’s milk are common intolerances in Celiacs due the upset of your autoimmune system.  
    That's good to know. I have my MRI on a celiac disease as it was requested by an ENT consultant to take a look at but again this is someone who isn't looking in regards to gluten ataxia but I can mention it to them and also give it to...
    The boat feeling did resolve but I do still have some residual balance issues. However I had ataxia impact from the time I was a child until my 40's. Glad to hear you are seeing someone that will be looking specifically for the UBOs. My neuro...