Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

boysmom

Labeling Policies

I've been gluten-free for a year now and I know when I was first researching how to eat someone had posted a list of companies who have made it their policy to always list gluten ingredients or gluten-derived ingredients on their labels. I can't find a list of those companies now and am trying to help a new mom learn to negotiate these waters for her son. Does anyone know where to find that list?

TIA

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Don't know about the list, but I know that when in doubt buy Kraft products. They always identify the gluten, not just in wheat.

Here's a list of companies that have a clear gluten policy. If you don't see "wheat, rye, barley, barley malt, oats" on the labels, its not there, or hidden in "flavors, starches, etc."

Peter

Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000. I was retested five years later and the biopsy was normal. You can beat this disease!

Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986

Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator since 2007

Here's a list of companies that have a clear gluten policy. If you don't see "wheat, rye, barley, barley malt, oats" on the labels, its not there, or hidden in "flavors, starches, etc."

I knew you would know. I promise this time I will print it and keep it in a safe place. I also promise that in a couple of months, I will have forgotten where the safe place is. :P