Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

brendab

Sunken Eyes A Symptom?

My little guy has always had a healthy facial appearance but since giving him barley this past week (he's not diagnosed as of yet) I have noticed the skin underneath his eyes have become dark, like he's been hit but instead of swelling it's sunken in. Does that make sense? Is this typical?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

It is typical of iron deficiency which is common in Celiac children from what I've heard. May want to get levels checked.

Mommy to James, who is Celiac diagnosis by blood test and confirmed by endoscopy on 9/29/2009. Our household has been gluten free since.

It is typical of iron deficiency which is common in Celiac children from what I've heard. May want to get levels checked.

Would that have just shown up though, within the past couple of days? He just had his iron checked 2 months ago.

My little guy has always had a healthy facial appearance but since giving him barley this past week (he's not diagnosed as of yet) I have noticed the skin underneath his eyes have become dark, like he's been hit but instead of swelling it's sunken in. Does that make sense? Is this typical?

Poor thing. Allergies do that, as can sleep loss.

I don't know if this helps....

But whenever I get glutened I often look like I haven't slept in months...the area under my eyes gets really dark....

Lasts a few days to a few weeks depending...

I don't know if this helps....

But whenever I get glutened I often look like I haven't slept in months...the area under my eyes gets really dark....

Lasts a few days to a few weeks depending...

This is exactly it! He's never had the black eye effect before I purposefully glutened him the other day.