Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LeonieGwen

Off On Big Trip Soon

Hi all

I am off on my second os trip since being diagnosed this time for stop overs in KH, and time in UK, France and Italy. I've done lots of research already about the issues in each of these and have found the CS websites in France and Italy. What I am hoping for is names of specific places to eat especially in Hong Kong (we'll be at Kowloon) and any others that people know elsewhere.

many thanks

Leonie

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi Leonie,

A quick reply re the UK - the two chain companies that are easiest to find are Wetherspoons (pubs - of varying salubriousness) and La Tasca (Spanish restaurants). Both companies list gluten-free options as part of their main menu. If you're in London, Leon restaurants also do this and are really good.If you're on Facebook, there's a group called Gluten Free Guerillas which has further information, especially about London.

Also, food labelling in supermarkets is pretty good, especially at Sainsbury's.

Hope this is helpful. Have a great time!

Self diagnosed but confirmed by biopsy

Gluten free Jan 2010

MSG free Jan 2010

Corn free Apr 2010

Soy free Jun 2010

Following a FODMAPS plan

Also have RSI, widespread myofascial pain and hypermobility problems

I just got back from Paris and I found this great little gluten free restaurant in Montmartre called Des Si et Des Mets. The staff don't speak any English but since the entire place is gluten free it isn't an issue. You can have a three course meal for a pretty reasonable price.

It was just fantastic to actually be able to eat proper French cuisine instead of having to compromise and ending up with a salad or something (which is what happened on the rest of my trip). THey even have gluten free beer. It is well worth checking out.

http://www.dessietdesmets.com/