Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

finally diagnosed

Please Help Antibiotic Question

does anyone know if macrobid or generic form nitrofurantion is gluten free? my pharmacy which always does a super job is unable to get a hold of Sandoz / Eon pharmacetiucls d/t they only numbers they have are open mon-fri no weekend or emergency number's to call.

i found the alpha drug list on the internet

http://www.glutenfreedrugs.com/list.htm

and it posts Macrobid as gluten free, so should i assume that all macrobid for any company is gluten free? this list was updated on 8/13/10?

can somone please help.. i need to start taking this last night..

thank you in advance...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

does anyone know if macrobid or generic form nitrofurantion is gluten free? my pharmacy which always does a super job is unable to get a hold of Sandoz / Eon pharmacetiucls d/t they only numbers they have are open mon-fri no weekend or emergency number's to call.

and it posts Macrobid as gluten free, so should i assume that all macrobid for any company is gluten free? this list was updated on 8/13/10?

thank you in advance...

You can 'google' search 'nitrofurantion (sp?) ingredients' and read the ingredient list. I've taken many different antibacterial, antiparasitic and antifungal drugs. I always check the ingredient list online. You could also call a good pharmacy, especially a compounding pharmacy, and ask the ingredients of any drug.

Sometimes you can get a drug compounded (prepared) without gluten or other intolerance ingredients. I recently took Iodoquinol for the dientamoeba fragilis parasite. Iodoquinol normally contains a 'lactose' ingredient. I ordered that compounded without the lactose. I still had drug side effects, but not my usual dairy reaction, while taking that drug.

Gluten, dairy, soy, egg, cane sugar, vanilla and nutmeg free. Enterolab diagnosed gluten/casein intolerant 7/04; soy intolerant 8/07. ELISA test diagnosed egg/cane sugar IgG allergies 8/06; vanilla/nutmeg 8/06. 2006-10 diagnosed by DNA Microbial stool tests and successfully treated: Klebsiella, Enterobacter Cloaecae, Cryptosporidia, Candida, C-diff, Achromobacter, H. Pylori and Dientamoeba Fragilis. 6/10 Heidelberg capsule test diagnosed hypochloridia. Vitamin D deficiency, hypothyroiditis, hypochloridia and low white blood cells caused vulnerability to infections. I now take Betaine HCl, probiotics, Vitamin D and T3 thyroid supplement to maintain immunity.

thank you in advance...

Did you ever get an answer from Sandoz? I have to use this drug on a regular basis and it is from Sandoz.

Dx Celiac July 2010 by Endoscopy biopsy- had Endoscopy for another reason, not for possible Celiac

Lactose intolerant discovered August 2010

Hypothyroid Dx 2009. Sleep Apnea 2005