Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jasonD2

Getting The Pillcam Tomorrow

doing the capsule endoscopy and am a bit concerned. had a negative endoscopy & colonoscopy last year but am freaking out that they will find something in my small intestine. i also read the capsule can lodge inside your body so im worried about that to. can anyone share their experience with this?

Endoscopy & blood panel all negative 12/09 after being strict w/ gluten free diet

As of 8/09 - Candida Overgrowth, C.difficile overgrowth, elevated fecal anti-gliadin, elevated putrefactive SCFA's

Developed severe lactose intolerance, IBS and food sensitivities in 02 after contracting Giardia from a river in Oregon

Had negative celiac blood work in 02

Elevated stool anti-gliadin Ab (21 with 10 being cutoff for normal) - 2008

Positive for DQ8- 2008

Tested high positive for egg, dairy, soy, ginger, mustard - 2008

Lactulose/Mannitol (leaky gut) test indicated slight intestinal permeability

Improved with gluten free diet but still have spastic constipation

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Haven't had it. I'm sure you will be fine. If it got stuck, it would be easy to get out. Relax. Let us know what the results are. Ask for a copy of the video. :)

So sorry you're feeling worried! I had it, and it was easy peasy. Also, did they do anything ahead of time with an x-ray type thing? Our insurance required it: it looks through your bowels to make sure there is no obstruction so the pill goes right on through. Although honestly, it's really small - if you can pass a marble, you'd be able to pass this sucker, no problem. :-)

Much simpler than I was expecting, honestly, although the belt was a bit bigger, too.

doing the capsule endoscopy and am a bit concerned. had a negative endoscopy & colonoscopy last year but am freaking out that they will find something in my small intestine. i also read the capsule can lodge inside your body so im worried about that to. can anyone share their experience with this?

T.H.

Gluten free since August 10, 2009.
21 years with undiagnosed Celiac Disease

23 years with undiagnosed sulfite sensitivity

25 years with undiagnosed mast cell activation disorder (MCAD) 

Daughter: celiac and MCAD positive

Son: gluten intolerant
Father, brother: celiac positive