Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rowena

Mazza

This restaurant is where we went to celebrate my dad's swearin in into the Utah bar. (I am so proud of him by the way) Anyway, insanely good food. They not only have gluten free options, but vegan as well. Anyway, I did not get sick at all from the restaurant. Just make sure that you order a sampler plate, and get a few items from the starter menu. Anythin that is fried, dont trust. My server told me to avoid the sandwiches (for gluten-free they serve the sandwiches on a bed of lettuce) and entrees. And anythin that would normally come with pita comes with lettuce, and trust me, its delicious with lettuce. I prefer it over pita I discovered. The people there are very well educated on their menu and what is safe.

I had the hummus B'Lahmeh, Basmati Rice, and Mujaddara. Delicious!

Gluten Free since Oct. 1, 2010
Fish/Seafood Free since 1997
Chocolate Free (with a few taste tests to see if I'm just crazy) since 2001.
Officially Dairy free 8/5/2013 (mostly dairy free before that, but I like my cheese and things) (dx'd officially with lactose intolerance, suspect casein too though)
Esophagitis dx'd 8/5/2013 thus doing a diet devoid of acidic foods and stuff

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Yum! Where in SLC? We will be in that area in March. Haven't decided where we are skiing, so haven't decided where we are staying.

Have you tried the Sweet Cake Bake Shop? In Kaysville? I think that's toward the military base.

Its essentially in Downtown SLC. There are two locations: 900 south and 900 east or 1500 South and 1500 East. (We went to the 9th and 9th one) I highly recommend it when ye come in March.

As for the Sweet Cake Bake Shop, no I aint tried it. Though I will have to look it up and try it. I am always open to new places I can eat at.

Gluten Free since Oct. 1, 2010
Fish/Seafood Free since 1997
Chocolate Free (with a few taste tests to see if I'm just crazy) since 2001.
Officially Dairy free 8/5/2013 (mostly dairy free before that, but I like my cheese and things) (dx'd officially with lactose intolerance, suspect casein too though)
Esophagitis dx'd 8/5/2013 thus doing a diet devoid of acidic foods and stuff

Just found this place in Sandy ( found on the Internet). Eleanors bakeshop. Baked goods and lunches, all gluten-free. Www. Eleanorsbakeshop.com