Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alice66

Joint Pain

Well it looks like the last 17 months that I thought I was gluten free have all been wasted.

This week after being in hell for the last 7months with inflammation of the lining of the brain I have realized that the vegetarian glucosamine that I have used for the last 21months is pure maize. Its been poisening me. I just feel like crying.

I left it off a week ago but now all my joints feel even worse than they did while I was on iteven joints that never ached before are aching, my body feels like its collapsing, although the pain in my head is now beginning to lift.

I loose one problem and cause another.

I cannot stomach glucosamine with sea creatures like shrimp or crab and I am wondering if it is safe to use bovine glucosamine or chondrotin.

I am so upset with myself I just cannot beleive that I didn't check this glucosamine out before it just said pure vegetable powder.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

maize isn't gluten.....

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"

- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

ya... maize is corn. some of us have problems with it- while others are just fine. its not the same as gluten- but it MAY be an additional food intolerance for you.

ive learned after this past thanksgiving- that i should also be avoiding corn. 4 or 5 days of cornbread left me feeling like i had had regular gluten (from wheat, rye, or barley) for 1 or 2 days.

1986- Elevated Speckled ANA/no Lupus.negative Sjorgens

2008- AntiGliadin IGA/IGg~ Negative,TTG IGA/IGg~ Weak Positive, Endomysial Antibody~ Positive, IGA Deficient.

no biopsy (insurance denied)

6/2010- Enterolab Gene Test:

HLA-DQB1 Allele 1 0302

HLA-DQB1 Allele 2 0302

HLADQ 3,3 (subtype 8,8)

7/2010- 100% Gluten Free

8/2010- DH

10/2010-Hypothyroid dx-> 12/2010 Hashimoto's dx + 1/11- Graves dx :(

ya... maize is corn. some of us have problems with it- while others are just fine. its not the same as gluten- but it MAY be an additional food intolerance for you.

ive learned after this past thanksgiving- that i should also be avoiding corn. 4 or 5 days of cornbread left me feeling like i had had regular gluten (from wheat, rye, or barley) for 1 or 2 days.

yes I realize that not everyone is affected by maize but I cannot it it normally or use cornflour without it upsetting me.

When I did try the glucosamine again just to make sure it was that which was upsetting me, I felt like I had been drugged and also got even more shaky than usual.

I would really appreciate some advice on other forms of joint pain management.

omg, im sorry alice- because corn is in everything- it's in my advil, and gum, and meds, etc, etc...

i am ok on these small amounts above- but too much corn flour, and dextrose, and HFCS, and HMCS and im SICK.

i hope someone can help u... can you find Glucosamine in plain powder form??? i haven't taken it in years i dont remember.

1986- Elevated Speckled ANA/no Lupus.negative Sjorgens

2008- AntiGliadin IGA/IGg~ Negative,TTG IGA/IGg~ Weak Positive, Endomysial Antibody~ Positive, IGA Deficient.

no biopsy (insurance denied)

6/2010- Enterolab Gene Test:

HLA-DQB1 Allele 1 0302

HLA-DQB1 Allele 2 0302

HLADQ 3,3 (subtype 8,8)

7/2010- 100% Gluten Free

8/2010- DH

10/2010-Hypothyroid dx-> 12/2010 Hashimoto's dx + 1/11- Graves dx :(