Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hannahp57

Successful Baking Experiment

My husband was telling me about something his mom usd to make when he was a kind, mexican cornbread

i decided to try it so i used the cornbread recipe from annalise robert's gluten free baking classics. you mkae the cornbread like the directions say, pour half into a 9in pan

while making the cornbread, cook ground beef (or in our case turkey) and make it with taco seasonings according to directions. when the meat is done, put the meat, some cheese accroding to taste and whatever veggies you like with tacos onto the first layer or cornbread. then pour in the rest of the cornbread batter on top and bake for the same amount of time recommended for the recipe. it was a huge success and hubby said it was better than his moms used to be. any mexican lovers out there would love this and im sure it would work with any tried and true gluten free cornbread recipe

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

That sounds good!

Me:
Celiac disease(positive blood work/biopsy- 10/2008), gluten free oat intolerent, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis/Disease, Raynaud's Disease

DS2(age 9):
celiac disease(positive IgA tTG, no biopsy- 11/2010)

DS1(age 13):
repeated negative bloodwork and negative EGD/biopsy. Started on a gluten free trial(8/2011). He has decided to stay gluten free due to all of the improvements he has experienced on the diet.