Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Meatballman

Trapped Gas Bloating

3 months since my celiac diagnosis.Still get trapped gas and bloating.Following a strict gluten free diet also diary free.Maybe I have not given it enough time?Maybe it is going to take a while since it took the Doctors so long to find?It just drives me crazy like a thunder storm in side me.

Positive bloodwork

Positive biopsy

Gluten Free 10/2010

At the end of the game the Pawn and the King are placed in the same box.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Yeah, I had that too. Seems when there's a lot of damage done to your intestines, many food intolerances can crop up. I was giganticly bloated for 4-5 months. Maybe try eliminating things to give your system a chance to heal, and learn how to properly process food for a while. My biggest offenders were grains of any kind (corn and rice), legumes and nightshades. Try avoiding gluten-free replacement foods, and just stick with meat and veggies for a while. Probably some good digestive enzymes would also be helpful. I think many celiacs are enzyme deficient and can benefit from a little boost. Good luck and feel better soon!

Gluten free is not so bad! If you are new, hang it there, it gets easier!

Dairy, Legumes, excess Corn products, and High Fructose foods give me pretty bad gas. sometimes painful, and sometimes "D". eating a pear can throw me into pain comparable to labor.

1986- Elevated Speckled ANA/no Lupus.negative Sjorgens

2008- AntiGliadin IGA/IGg~ Negative,TTG IGA/IGg~ Weak Positive, Endomysial Antibody~ Positive, IGA Deficient.

no biopsy (insurance denied)

6/2010- Enterolab Gene Test:

HLA-DQB1 Allele 1 0302

HLA-DQB1 Allele 2 0302

HLADQ 3,3 (subtype 8,8)

7/2010- 100% Gluten Free

8/2010- DH

10/2010-Hypothyroid dx-> 12/2010 Hashimoto's dx + 1/11- Graves dx :(

Yeah, I had that too. Seems when there's a lot of damage done to your intestines, many food intolerances can crop up. I was giganticly bloated for 4-5 months. Maybe try eliminating things to give your system a chance to heal, and learn how to properly process food for a while. My biggest offenders were grains of any kind (corn and rice), legumes and nightshades. Try avoiding gluten-free replacement foods, and just stick with meat and veggies for a while. Probably some good digestive enzymes would also be helpful. I think many celiacs are enzyme deficient and can benefit from a little boost. Good luck and feel better soon!

Thank you. I will try it out.Nice to know I am not alone.

Dairy, Legumes, excess Corn products, and High Fructose foods give me pretty bad gas. sometimes painful, and sometimes "D". eating a pear can throw me into pain comparable to labor.

Thank you I will try some elimination and see if it works.

Positive bloodwork

Positive biopsy

Gluten Free 10/2010

At the end of the game the Pawn and the King are placed in the same box.