Jennifer444

Could I Have Celiac Disease? Even With Bleeding?

Rate this topic

If your going to get tested for celiac you need to keep eating gluten until your tests are finished. Did the doctor who did the colonoscopy mention internal hemmies? They can cause bleeding. Do mention the bleeding to the doctor. In my case I bleed when I get glutened but it is good to rule out anything else. That may mean another scope if it has been awhile since the others were done.

I agree with raven,,, be sure to rule everything else out first.

One of my reactions to soy is bleeding, even with slight cross contamination

If your going to get tested for celiac you need to keep eating gluten until your tests are finished. Did the doctor who did the colonoscopy mention internal hemmies? They can cause bleeding. Do mention the bleeding to the doctor. In my case I bleed when I get glutened but it is good to rule out anything else. That may mean another scope if it has been awhile since the others were done.

Thanks. Im starting to eat normal agains so i can get tested. Neither of my doctors said anything about internal hemmies. Only thing he said was IBS and possible Proctitis. The doctor that did the colonoscopy twice for me didnt seem to care much about the bleeding, just gave me pills that didnt work. Im trying a new doctor hoping he finds something to help me. Im sure this doctor will want to do another colonoscopy too.

Eating gluten free is just helping my stomach so much i was really hoping it would stop the bleeding too. I noticed last night i ate some bread and late last night and this morning i just have a cramp like pain and been bleeding even more.. thats what makes me think its something working together? idont know?? its just hard to deal with and figure it out this young.

You can't heal your intestine overnight by not eating gluten. It takes time. You also may think you are gluten free but not really be gluten free. Gluten is in many different foods where you would not expect it.

I had bleeding also but it did stop after I had been gluten-free for awhile. I am not talking days but months. That doesn't mean it will take that long for you, and it doesn't mean you won't be getting improvements everyday as you go along each day on the diet.

• Upvote 1